Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Phuket or Samui in June 2007

Researching which place to spend about 10 days in June/July is giving me a headache - both destinations seem fantastic. Could I please get some feedback from readers who know both regions.



I know that my question is a bit like asking ';how long is a piece of string,'; so perhaps if I could list some of the things I am looking for, someone could steer me in the right direction:



1.Weather - I know Samui is better in June/July but I hear that Phuket is still pleasant - I don%26#39;t mind humidity and afternoon storms, but I don%26#39;t want it to rain continually all day every day.



2. Hotels near beaches but not necessarily on the beach and lots of restaurants and shops nearby. I don%26#39;t mind if it%26#39;s busy outside provided the hotel is a bit of ';sanctuary'; from the hustle and bustle on the street. I am not especially looking for a secluded resort that offers everything so that you never need to see beyond the resort fences.



3. I like spending the morning on the beach or by the pool, but I like to do interesting sights in the afternoon. By sights, I mean pleasant boat trips, trips to charming villages, temples, walks etc



Things like diving are not a priority for me.



Any comments would be a great help in helping me choose!



Phuket or Samui in June 2007


Thailand has too may human rights issues for you.. most of the hotels are on land that was stolen from the righfull owners!

No comments:

Post a Comment