Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Currency conversion question travel cheques atm or cash

Hi

Can anyone help me out which gives you the better rate for your money.I am a first timer if you use atm machines are they all over so you are not hunting them down.Or is it better to take travellers cheques or just change cash sterling.

Thanks

Currency conversion question travel cheques atm or cash

In my opinion ATM will give you a better rate.

Lets face it though, unless you are going to spend a fortune - who cares? It%26#39;s hardly going to break the bank on the average holiday spend.

ATMs are there 24 hours a day, and are generally as safe as anywhere. Travellers cheques can be a nuisance to change sometimes, and mean carrying passports around with you.

Currency conversion question travel cheques atm or cash

You can%26#39;t go wrong taking travellers cheques.... Or use ATM... Cash is good too....

Bringing a mixture will probably be better still.

The biggest mistake anyone can do is changing the cash in their home country or trying to ';beat'; the system by changing via a third currency... unless you really need USD for instance... for the few places where they are a necessity.

The topic comes up all the time, here%26#39;s one for you to look at.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k812…


I always take ca. 30 % cash (Euros, wich I change on arriving in the local currency, after comparing some moneychangers) and use my Visa CC in the ATM (or hotel, shops,etc) if needed.

I find that Visa gives a better exchanging rate than banks, money changers, etc.

Use 2 CC cards, kept in seperate places, so you have a reserve if one is lost or stolen... or overspend ... :-)


Hi, Jordan if you want the cheapest and best way to get cash in Thailand go to your local Nationwide building society and open a flex account and get an ATM Card, when used they will give you the official bank exchange rate which is a couple of Bht better than the currency exchange booths and about 4Bht better than the hotels, also there are no charges or commision for using the card, as for how many machines there are, every bank, nearly all of the 7-11 and Familymart convenience stores and the main shopping centres have got them.


Hi ya. Like those above I would recomend taking a combination

of cash and Am. Express. The exchange rate for trv%26#39;ler checks

is only slightly lower then cash, assuming you use hundreds and fifty%26#39;s. I would use ATM as last resort. There have been some

scams when using the ATM%26#39;s. This was in the papers when I

was there last May. By the way I always call my bank (credit card issuer) before I go out of the country and tell them when and where I am going. I also tell them when I will return and to not accept charges in that country after that date. Good luck.

  • makeup help
  • >windows update
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment