Tuesday, April 24, 2012

$$$ Questions - please advise

Leaving for my travels this week and need to know if I have to go the Bank prior to departure:





1) I am going straight to Trat/Ko Chang from Cambodia (via plane).



At the Trat airport are there any ATMS (that accept US cards) so I can get local currency before I board a bus and ferry to get me to Ko Chang?





2) Once at Ko Chang Island are there an abundance of ATMS?





3) Do the local restaurants and tour companies (e.g. if I want to go on a day snorkeling trip) take credit card or is it only Baht?





Thanks!



$$$ Questions - please advise


No ATMs at Trat Airport that I remember - unless one%26#39;s been installed recently. But if you%26#39;re on the plane you%26#39;ll be going via Bangkok Airport so just change some US$ there or withdraw on your credit card.





You%26#39;ll need 300 baht to get from the airport to your hotel on Koh Chang - go via Bangkok Airways minibus.





On KC there are lots of ATMS but none in Lonely Beach or Bailan. Also half a dozen bank branches/exchange offices.





Unless you%26#39;re eating at a posh place, you%26#39;ll need cash. All trips/yours pay in cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment