Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Laptops in Bangkok

Hi,

I%26#39;m trying to decide whether to buy a vaio laptop (Sony Vaio Laptop, VGN-TX3HP, 1.066GHz with 11.1 Inch Display) here in London before I head off to Australia, or whether it would be better value to buy in Bangkok.

Any advice on prices, benefits, disadvantages of buying en route would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Laptops in Bangkok

You probably won%26#39;t save any money as the prices are similar. I%26#39;d buy at home so you%26#39;ll be sure and have a valid warranty if something should stop working. Also the plug ends will be different so you%26#39;ll have to use an adaptor when you use it at home if bought in Bangkok.

Laptops in Bangkok

What kinda adapter I will need one for my ipod and my camera.

As for the laptop in Thailand be careful to not get it stolen. I was going to bring mine and a few people told me not to.

Brenda


Thailand is not a land of thieves, and the risk of a laptop being stolen is probably about the same as your own country.

Stay in a backpacker hotel and of course the risk is higher, but I would suggest the thief is more likely to be a fellow guest than a local Thai.

The main problem I have with buying such things here in Thailand is that any software pre-loaded is likely to be a copy. I had a problem recently where several programs made a nuisance of themselves by telling me the software was copied and to %26#39;get legal%26#39;.

Also, they tend to load a Thai/English version which can be a nuisance.


buy at home much cheaper price%26#39;s in bangkok where 30% to 40%more than what I just payed for my new wireless laptop. in USA .I have had no trouble traveling with mine other than the extra weight and worry. when I leave my room I always keep it locked in my bag with all power cords and attachment.'; out of sight out of mind';

I was going to buy a portable DVD player ib Bangkok but it was 4 times the cost in USA.

  • how to curl hair with rollers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment