Wednesday, April 25, 2012

08kate02 - Tubkaak

After reading all about the Tubkaak again it brought back such wonderful memories that I have just booked to go back in Feb 2007. We were staying in Singapore for over 2 weeks so have now decided to fly up to Krabi for 5 days and stay at the Tubkaak just to have the experience again. It will be over 3 years since we first stayed but I know it will be just as good or even maybe better, we cannot wait to see the staff again and especially the Manager who runs the most fantastic hotel, just the thought of walking along that beach in the mornings, watching the fisherman going out on their longtail boats makes me feel so happy. Highly recommended and from doing my research would never stay anywhere else in Krabi

08kate02 - Tubkaak

Hi Noodles,

I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll find it just as good. There%26#39;s something incredibly special about this place. The view! The food! The bean bags! The sunsets! The way every-one gravitates to the beach each evening and sits on the bean bags drinking cocktails and watching the sun go down. Pure bliss! The new road should be open by the time you go so hopefully you won%26#39;t have to negotiate the quarry. There%26#39;s two new hotels which will probably be open too - further down the beach to the right as you walk out of the Tubkaak. However, don%26#39;t worry, I really don%26#39;t think they will spoil anything. They aren%26#39;t eco friendly, they have cut the trees down for the view, but they are built in traditional Thai style. Also they had big signs up saying ';for sale or long and short term let'; - so my guess is they%26#39;ll be pretty empty most of the time. We%26#39;re there for 9 days at the end of March (long way to go for 9 days but felt we needed a ';fix';!). Have a good holiday, I look forward to your review!

Carol

08kate02 - Tubkaak

Thanks for yoru reply. We actually booked the Sheraton for 2 weeks when we first went, I was so disappointed when we arrive my friend and I went off in a taxi in the pitch black and asked him to find us a decent 5 star hotel, he took us to the Tubkaak, I so wish I knew who he was, we owe him so much. Booked in for 11 nights. The phulay bay next door was open and we went for a meal one evening, a huge resort then and we realised it wasn%26#39;t finished. Apparently it shut after the Tsunami and has now opened as a complete resort. The beach was not that nice so not sure where they get their photos from on their website.

We are considering spending Xmas 2007 in Thailand so will have a look around whilst there but I am sure we cannot beat the Tubkaak. We have the most fantastic photos of New Years eve on the beach, the staff put on such a fantastic show.

Have you been to Krabi town, is it worth going there, how different is it to Au nang. We enjoyed ourselves there doing a bit of shopping.

I will happily post a review on our return.


Hi Noodles,

sorry, don%26#39;t really know Krabi, I%26#39;m not a shopper (I know, I%26#39;m a woman!). We drove through it after being dropped off after our boat trip and we all liked the look of it. It%26#39;s like a mini Bangkok, Asia!

Like the sound of staying for the New Year, must have a look into that. Off to the Maldives in a couple of weeks, get some sun before the worst of the weather hits us. Apparently snow is forecast in a week or so. I%26#39;m assuming you%26#39;re in the UK, so apologies if not!


Yes, I am English just called myself Noodles because we once had a rabbit with the same name!!!!

New Year at the Tubkaak is absolutely fantastic, only the room rates are very expensive. We stayed there when it first opened and it was the best New Year I can remember, celebrated the New Year on the Beach where they let off lit lanterns into the sky, wonderful. They lay on a really great show and super food.

We stayed for 12 nights with another family we both have daughters and they really enjoyed it, they were only 6 and 9 at the time and I have read reports about not taking children but they couldn%26#39;t have been happier, the staff made them outfits to match theirs, my daughter is really looking forward to going back.

I hope you enjoy the maldives, yes it is supposed to be getting colder, mind you I suppose not before time.


Hi Noodles,

I%26#39;m with you re the children. Our daughter%26#39;s are 17 and 15 now and we%26#39;ve taken them all over the world and they%26#39;ve loved every minute of it! Eldest (Kate - born on 8 Feb - hence my name after trying half a dozen others!) now complains that there%26#39;s no point in a gap year as you go round the world and she%26#39;s already done it!

We%26#39;re back at Tubkaak in late March, only for 9 days as we can%26#39;t get away due to work and Kate needs to get back to study!

My E mail address is carol.butler@halfords.co.uk - may be worth touching base re certain things!

  • client side script
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment