Tuesday, April 24, 2012

URGENT HELP NEEDED: Passport Expiring in 5 months

Hi,





I am suppose to be leaving for Thailand in 5 days but just realized my passport is expiring 5 months from my day of arrival and I know the requirement is the passport should be valid for 6 months from the day of your arrival. I just wanted to see if someone has been in similar situation and was allowed to enter the country. Any advice\info will be greatly appreciated.



URGENT HELP NEEDED: Passport Expiring in 5 months


Minor clarfication: It is a canadian passport



URGENT HELP NEEDED: Passport Expiring in 5 months


I have a UK passport and had the same problem. I had to go and renew mine. In the UK you can arrange to visit the passport office and get it all done in one day. Costs more money but at least I will sit happily on the plane next week.





Hope you sort it out and enjoy your holiday




Thanks for the response but canadian passport renewal takes 20 days :(




You will need to try get an emergency passport... otherwise you may be refused entry at immigration and put on the next plane home! I would contact the Canadian passport place and enquire .... I wouldnt risk it!




As above - you need 6 months on your passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment